Just want to play a prank with your geek friends, or simply you want to mark a impression on others then you are at right corner. Suppose you made visit to your friend house , is new to computing but shows himself/herself then you changed the windows log in password without knowing it, now when the user next time opens its computer will fail to log in... yes, I'm not day dreaming
Windows allows its user to reset password without knowing it!!!
In Windows the user with administrative privelleges can change password of any user account.on that computer using cmd.Its quite easy , even a user new to computing can go step by step in this post and get its luck
- Click on start --> run or press [windows] + [R] and type 'cmd'.
- And for windows 7 users like me , the trick won't work if you open cmd without administrator privelleage. To do so, right click on cmd icon and click on "Run as administrator" .
- In command window type "net user".This command will display all the user accounts on your computer.
- Type "net user your_username" , will give all the details of that account like last password was set , account expirey , account state etc..
- Now type " net user username * " as here i have got "net user niks * " and press [enter]
- On cmd window ,you can see "Type a password for the user:".Here type the password you want to set and confirm it.
- And you have sucessfully changed the password for that user.
Also check :